Temporary COVID-19 Outreach and Intake Specialist
- Position Title: Temporary COVID-19 Outreach and Intake Specialist
- Program/Dept.: Youth and Family Services – Resident Services
- Supervisor: Director of Youth and Family Services
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Compensation: $17.00/hr.
- Status: Two, 0.75 FTE (32 hours/week); Temporary (August – December 2020)
- Physical Strength: Light
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
The Outreach and Intake Specialist(s) will lead and coordinate community outreach, engagement, education efforts around COVID-19, and conduct resource coordination and intake completion related to COVID-19 relief. Specialists will be responsible for sharing accurate information and resources to residents of Hacienda CDC properties along with the general public relating to COVID-19 to meet the needs of underserved communities during the pandemic. This position will work closely with staff from the Youth and Family Services Department (Resident Advocate and Coordinators), Communications and Events Manager, and Hacienda CDC staff that interact with the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with Resident Advocate and Communications and Events Manager to inform the community on important COVID-19 related information, resources, workshops, newsletters
- Complete intake forms related to COVID-19 relief resources being distributed by Hacienda CDC such as gift cards, food, and rent assistance
- Distribute COVID-19 related resources to residents, clients, and the general public
- Collaborate with partners such as Oregon Health Authority and Portland Housing Bureau to stay informed of health guidelines and resources available to the community
- Maintain weekly log of community interactions such as total intake forms completed within the week, total communications and platforms used for sharing information, total workshops facilitated, number of people reached, etc.
- Produce required reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required for meetings or events, to meet with clients/residents, and to meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school/GED plus 2 years’ relevant experience (paid or volunteer) in the non-profit sector or a combination of work experience and some college education.
- Background in community outreach and experience in completing complex intake forms.
- Experience creating flyers or virtual workshops planning is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be bilingual in either Spanish or Somali.
- Ability to navigate and help community members complete complex intake forms such as those used by local governments
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to foster trust, inform and empower individuals served
- Demonstrates cultural responsiveness
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources
- Use strengths-based and trauma responsive approaches in working with communities and individuals
- Self-motivated, energetic and resourceful individual who enjoys working with diverse populations
- A cooperative manner and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work a schedule that is primarily late afternoons, evenings and weekends
Must have excellent English verbal, written and oral communication skills in English and the ability to speak, write, and understand Spanish OR Somali.
Job requires specialized computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, online research, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software. Zoom knowledge is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License and access to car is preferred
Position is sometimes sedentary, but also requires mobility to client and partner sites and office headquarters; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.