Temporary Administrative Assistant
- Position Title: Temporary Administrative Assistant
- Program/Dept.: Economic Opportunity
- Supervisor: Director of Economic Opportunity
- Supervises: N/A
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Compensation: $19 per hour
- Physical Strength: Light
- Updated Date: 9/25/2020
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
The Economic Opportunity Department at Hacienda CDC aims to improve and preserve the financial outlook, capabilities, and assets of the clientele we serve, including the promotion of homeownership. The Economic Opportunity (EO) Program Specialist is primarily responsible for all administrative facets of the default intervention services. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and communication skills, provide top-notch customer service, and be comfortable managing a high volume of tasks under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as first point of contact for all phone, email, and walk-in inquiries regarding any of our programs and services. Help support some clients through difficult default/foreclosure prevention process.
- Assist clients in completing the application process and gathering supporting documents.
- Client follow-up and general correspondence via email, phone, mail, and in-person.
- Provide timely follow-up and support to clients through our programs.
- Schedule appointments, workshops, and orientation sessions. Maintain various calendars.
- Maintain comprehensive and confidential client records and databases by reviewing, entering and uploading clients’ documents and information for all counseling and reporting purposes.
- Create and maintain electronic and hard copy filing and record-keeping systems for both individual and group workshops.
- Assist with outreach activities including educational workshops to meet program goals.
- Collect and process payments and fees associated with our programs and services.
- Communication with, invoicing to, and handling of petty cash for various vendors.
- Assist with staff meeting administration.
- Support event registration, set-up and client intake, and support the delivery of materials and class presentations.
- Monitor and order office supplies.
- Oversee in-person meetings with clients following strict organization rules under Covid-19.
- Perform other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree or two years of equivalent work experience. (Prefer course work in areas such as business, real estate, finance, planning, social work or education)
- Two years of Administrative Assistant work experience in finance, economic development, social work, or client counseling environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Strong data entry skills
- Keyboarding 45 wpm or higher
- Bilingual Spanish/English required; both written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client information.
- Ability to process and respond positively to high volume of email, phone calls, and voicemails with clarity and accuracy.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to foster trust, inform and empower individuals served
- Demonstrates cultural competence and sensitivity
- A cooperative manner and ability to work as part of a team
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and have strong organizational skills
- Adaptable and flexible especially when processes or plans change on short notice
- Ability to operate office equipment, word processing software, printer, fax, MS Office Suite, and other client management databases.
- Highly organized; able to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Critical thinker, creative problem-solver
- Demonstrate a genuine interest and enthusiasm for community development and working with the Latino community, low-to-moderate income community, and marginalized communities.
- Must have excellent English verbal, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to speak, write, and understand Spanish is required.
Job requires specialized computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, online research, word processing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Position is sometimes sedentary, but also requires mobility to client and partner sites and office headquarters; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.