Resident Services Coordinator – Spanish
Position Title: Resident Services Coordinator – Spanish
Program/Department: Youth & Family Services (YFS)
Supervisor: Resident Services Manager
Status: Full time/Nonexempt
Compensation: $18.00 – $21.00/ hour
Physical Strength: Light
Updated Date: 8/26/2021
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
Hacienda Community Development Corporation’s housing portfolio consists of nine low-income apartment complexes, with a total of 381 affordable housing units and growing. Seven of these properties are located in the Cully neighborhood of N.E. Portland, one is in North Portland, and one located in Molalla. The Resident Services Coordinator will bridge the gap between property management and residents, reducing barriers to stable housing, while increasing the social capital of our communities and supporting the mission of Hacienda CDC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Property Management Liaison
- Identify resident challenges; provide links to resources that will assist residents with continued housing
- Educate residents about property rules and policies to ensure housing stability for all
- Assist residents in the mediation of conflicts with other residents or property managers
- Conduct new tenant orientations, introducing Hacienda CDC and its programs
- Facilitate quarterly meetings with residents to maintain communications and identify community concerns
- Collaborate with partners to provide education workshops on topics such as energy savings, financial capabilities, housekeeping, safety and any other expressed or implied needs of tenants
- Maintain continuous line of communication at each property regarding Hacienda events and classes, resources, etc.
- Coordinate and host community events and celebrations
- Conduct outreach to recruit and coordinate residents for input and feedback on neighborhood initiatives, housing developments, and other projects
- Work with partners to improve community safety
- Represent Hacienda CDC at community and partner meetings
- Produce required reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain resident services database
- Complete any other tasks assigned by Resident Services Manager
- Work collaboratively with Asset Manager and other team members when appropriate
- Some occasional evening and weekend hours may be required for meetings or events, and to meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two years of work experience (paid or volunteer) in community engagement, direct service, social work, community building, community resource navigation, social work, non-profit or similar
- College degree preferred; relating to, but not limited to Psychology, Sociology, Community Development, Communications, Public Health
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bilingual; ability to write, read and speak clearly and effectively in both English and Spanish.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills
- Must be adaptable to a flexible work schedule
- Express compassion and empathy for the concerns of residents, Hacienda CDC staff, and community members
- Ability to work as a team member, establish priorities, effectively prioritize tasks, remain non-judgmental, and show willingness to learn new skills though formal and informal education
- Capacity to develop professional relationships with partners and community leaders
- Willingness to learn housing rules and regulations such as Fair Housing, the Americans with Disabilities Act and reasonable accommodation
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work with diverse populations and identify needs
Must have excellent English verbal, written and oral communication skills including a comfort with creating print materials and public speaking.
The ability to speak, write, and understand Spanish is required for the position.
Job requires specialized computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, online research, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License and access to car is preferred.
Position is sometimes sedentary, but also requires mobility to client and partner sites and office headquarters; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!