Program Assistant (Real Estate Administration)
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of funding applications for Low Income Housing Tax Credits, state and city RFPs, conventional financing and various private funding applications.
- Maintain administrative development files, records and internal reporting metrics.
- Coordinate ongoing reporting to funders and the Board of Directors.
- Review and code department invoices.
- Assist with developing and monitoring of the program’s budget.
- Coordinate contractor and architect selection process including outreach and interviews.
- Prepare presentations for meetings with tenants, community members, other critical stakeholders and government officials.
- Attend construction meetings.
- Support Housing Director as needed.
- Support other staff, including the Asset Manager and Fiscal Departments, as requested by Housing Director.
Skills & Educational Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate development, preferably affordable housing or community development.
- Experience with financial analysis using Excel or similar spreadsheet program is required.
- Strong writing and editing skills in English required; English and Spanish preferred.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel is required; proficiency with PowerPoint is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in related field (real estate, urban planning, architecture, business or finance) preferred, and/or 2-4 years equivalent experience.
Position is primarily sedentary; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors. Some travel required. Valid drivers license required. Access to car preferred. Some evening hours may be required for meetings and to meet deadlines.
Position Title: Program Assistant
Program/Department: Real Estate Development and Management Development
Supervisor: Director of Housing
Direct Report: N/A
Status: Full time /Non-Exempt
Compensation: $14.60 – $21.71
Please submit a cover letter and resume via this portal and direct questions to HR at haciendacdc.org
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Hacienda offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death/dismemberment, generous paid time off, Employee Assistance Program, and a 40I(K) option.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!