Portland Mercado Community/Property Manager
- Program/Dept.: Administration
- Supervisor: Asset Manager
- Supervises: n/a
- Status: Full-time (30-40 hours/week)
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Compensation: $18-21 per hour, plus benefits
- Physical Strength: Light
- Updated Date: 6.9.2020
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
The Mercado Site Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful function of the Portland Mercado vendor and contractor relationships. This involves oversight of the commercial kitchen, retail space, food carts and overall property management. This position hires and manages all contractors, and recruits/manages all vendor lease agreements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit and onboard new tenants
- Process and approve all tenant applications, providing support however necessary
- Act as a liaison between tenants, property owners, and program staff
- Oversee maintenance and repair requests assuring they are completed in a timely manner
- Respond to all issues and concerns in a timely manner that are brought by tenants, customers, and members of the public
- Accurately record and manage lease violations and maintenance requests
- Maintain property by investigating and resolving tenant requests
- Actively review and inspect tenant units as necessary, especially when there is a maintenance issue and at turnover
- Collect deposits and rents and handle late payments in a timely manner
- Implement and manage terms of rental agreements
- Oversee eviction proceedings when necessary
- Continuously provide support to the kitchen manager, specifically for equipment repairs and cleaning scheduling
- Work in collaboration with Asset Manager, Mercado Entrepreneurship Programs Director, other onsite management team members, and executive members to ensure operations are strong at the site
- Maintain and be accountable for the department budget
- Coordinate and lead periodic meetings with tenants, programs team, and vendor assembly as needed
- Ensure that all portions of the premises are in good working order, including maintenance, repair, and replacement of all structural elements
- Coordinate any work requiring a specific permit and work requiring specialized licensing or certification
- Review and approve monthly invoices for all contractors
- Provide tours to potential clients, tenants, and sponsors in collaboration with the Mercado Programs team.
- Provide after- hours call response
- Some occasional evening and weekend hours may be required for meetings or events, and to meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Oversee all contractor work and agreements. Oversee vendor contracts and relationships.
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum two years of experience in a role with full supervisory responsibilities including, hiring/firing, performance management, coaching, team building, etc.
- Background with contractor and vendor agreements is required.
- Background working in the hospitality industry and/or a commercial kitchen environment is desirable, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to recruit and onboard new contractors and vendors
- Strong knowledge of bid procurement process
- Able to translate amongst tenants and property owners as needed
- Familiarity with applicable local, state, federal laws and regulations
- Strong project management skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of lease agreements, including onboarding and the ability to enforce requirements.
- Able to effectively communicate with a variety of different groups to promote positive vendor relations
- Effectively solve problems and collaborate with others, including people from diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Strong working knowledge of budgets
- Able to lead regular informative and productive vendor meetings
Must have excellent English verbal, written and oral communication skills. The ability to speak, read, write, and understand Spanish is required for the position.
Job requires specialized computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, online research, project management, word processing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License and access to car is a plus, but not required
Position is sometimes sedentary, but also requires mobility to client and partner sites and office headquarters; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the ability to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a food hall, on the Portland Mercado property. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!