Mortgage Loan Processor
Position Title: Mortgage Loan Processor
Program/Dept.: Economic Opportunity
Supervisor: Director of Economic Opportunity
Status: Full time/Nonexempt
Compensation: $17.00 – $20.00/ hour
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
Position Summary: The Economic Opportunity Department at Hacienda CDC aims to improve and preserve the financial outlook, capability, and assets of the clientele we serve, including the pursuit of homeownership. The position of Mortgage Loan Processor supports that work by guiding loan applicants through the complicated process of securing mortgages that meet their needs. These might include Conventional, FHA, and VA. Knowledge of USDA Loan Program is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing loan applications for accuracy and completeness
- Evaluating applicant financial information including salary, assets, debts and expenses.
- Calculating applicant credit scores.
- Verifying the accuracy of applicant data.
- Run DU/LP
- Managing real estate loan documentation.
- Ensuring compliance with banking regulations.
- Submitting a detailed loan package to the Underwriting department.
- Work closely with Lending manager on any monthly/quarterly reporting required.
- Complete all required annual trainings and NMLS licensing requirements.
- Attend monthly All Staff meetings, and others as designated by supervisor.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality.
- Commit to incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusive practices in all aspects of work, attending all mandatory workshops, and asking for clarification from HR or the DEI Committee when needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude.
- Analytical mindset.
- Exceptional ability to multitask in time sensitive environment.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Good organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Active NMLS License.
- Understanding of Lending Products, Down Payment Assistance Programs.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social justice issues and the dynamics of social change; strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Physical Demands: Position is primarily sedentary; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Hacienda offers medical, dental, vision, Section 125 flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death/dismemberment, generous paid time off, Employee Assistance Program, and a 40I(k) option.
To Apply: For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to HR @ haciendacdc.org
Closing Date: Open until filled
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!