Learning Center Program Coordinator
Position Title: Learning Center Program Coordinator
Program/Dept.: Youth and Family Services
Supervisor: Learning Center Program Manager
Status: Full-time position (40 hours/week)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation: $19.50 – 21.50/ hourly DOE
Schedule: 10am – 6:30pm, Monday – Friday
Physical Strength: Light
Updated Date: 9/1/2021
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
Hacienda Learning Centers bring Workforce Development, Digital Literacy and STEM Education programming to four new locations in the City of Portland which will serve middle and high school youth as well as adults. Learning Center Coordinators will be responsible for daily operations of one of these labs. Learning Center Coordinator lead the distribution of laptops to Learning Center participants ensuring all participants have access to internet and the new virtual program. The Learning Center Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring all community members selected for the laptop program participate in the virtual program as well as getting feedback to adapt the program to the community’s needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages day-to-day operations of one Learning Center site
- Manages distanced learning programming until programming can return to a Learning Center site
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of all lab participants including moderating digital programming spaces
- Manages distribution of laptops to selected community members
- Maintains a full calendar of classes and workshops at the Learning Center
- Ensures the lab site serves a minimum of 750 people annually and meets all required outcomes
- Serves as main point of contact with community and program participants
- Conducts continual outreach to engage participants and partners
- Helps participants with connectivity issues or directs them to Learning Center’s technical support team
- Provides outstanding customer service and ensures overall program excellence
- Utilizes Hacienda’s database to track program attendance and generate reports
- Collects impact stories to share with community and funders
- Participates in all necessary meetings and trainings
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required for meetings or events, and to meet deadlines
- Performs other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Manage and engage teams of volunteers, including corporate, local and youth volunteers.
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
One or more years of experience in education, community engagement, program coordination is highly desirable. Work experience can be paid or volunteer.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Background in STEM education and/or emerging technologies is desirable
- Experience developing and effectively executing lesson plans is desirable
- Experience working with school-aged children and adults from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds is highly desirable
- Experience as a digital educator is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills including a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Able to develop mutually trusting and respectful relationship connections with individual clients
- Possesses a solid understanding about backgrounds and needs of low-income communities
- Comfortable working in a digital space
- Strong administrative and organizational skills including calendar management and coordinating lots of client follow ups
- Highly organized and skilled at managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Able to meet strict deadlines on a consistent basis
- Able to be flexible and to adapt to newly developing program under Covid 19 uncertainties
- Possesses a strong base knowledge and commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion best practices
- Able to work effectively on their own and as part of a team
- Must have excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills in English
- The ability to speak, write, and understand Spanish is required.
Job requires computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, online research, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License and access to car highly preferred
Position is sometimes sedentary, but also requires mobility to client and partner sites and office headquarters; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer.