Home Lending Manager
- Position Title: Home Lending Manager
- Program/Dept.: Economic Opportunity
- Supervisor: Director of Economic Opportunity
- Supervises: Loan Processor
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Compensation: $55-70,000 base salary, plus annual commission bonus based on revenue; see Compensation Plan for details; relocation assistance may be available
- Physical Strength: Light
- Updated Date: 11.2.2020
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
The Home Lending Manager is responsible for Hacienda’s lending operations which includes originating and processing brokered first mortgages, financing first time home buyer clients, refinancing home mortgages to improve affordability, as well as generating fee revenue for operations. The Lending Manager oversees all lending activities and performs direct supervisory duties of program staff ensuring Hacienda’s commitment to quality customer service. Must be detail oriented, self-starter and mindful of deadlines. The Home Lending Manager continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities, and meets the established individual and lending goals set by Hacienda.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the lending operations ensuring that performance goals are met
- Collaborate with the Economic Opportunity Department staff and lending staff to assist mortgage ready customers through the home buying process.
- Research and implement loan products that are in the best interest of clients and align with the organization’s mission and business plan.
- Prepare and close purchase, refinance and any down payment assistance program transactions.
- Educate Hacienda CDC customers, staff, partners, and the public in general about the benefits of Hacienda CDC mortgage products and working with Hacienda CDC as a lender.
- Source new leads both within the organization and externally.
- Document all customer contacts within the client management system and track home purchases.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports through NMLS.
- Manage and update all licensed originators through NMLS.
- Monitor all required continued education requirements for all licensed originators and complete annual renewals for employees and Hacienda through NMLS.
- Together with the Director of Finance, manage loan capital fund uses by geography and by borrower income.
- Assist in recruiting new partners and nurturing relationships to help ensure participation in and support for Hacienda CDC lending services.
- Contract underwriting loan products for other entities as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal lending laws and regulations in the origination of brokered loans.
- Provide high quality customer service, communicating clearly and effectively to customers and related parties to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of lending industry trends and regulations, affordable housing issues, and new and potential loan programs/changes; adjust Hacienda service offerings accordingly with the goal of improving services for first-time buyers and home owners.
- Performs other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Hire, train, coach and mentor employees.
- Organize and oversee the schedules and work of department staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Five years of experience as a loan originator
- OR a Bachelor’s degree plus two years of loan origination experience
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Background in the Mortgage Industry is required.
- Experience in a supervisory role is a plus, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Highly organized and skilled at planning, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet strict deadlines on a consistent basis
- Self-motivated, independent worker, creative thinker, and problem solver
- Strong initiative; identifies opportunities and weaknesses, develops ideas, proposes solutions and works toward job and organizational improvement
- Marketing skills, particularly social media for promoting loan programs
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Must be familiar with Calyx Origination Software
- Ability to work as a supportive team player, which includes positive collaboration, keeping commitments and responsive to coaching
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; able to display empathy, observe and listen effectively with diverse populations
- Able to develop and maintain positive professional working relationships with peers, the public, business partners, etc.
- Holds a strong work ethic, yet embraces work-life balance and self-care with a long-term view toward sustainability within the position and organization
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience
- Possess knowledge and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion best practices
- Knowledge of government sponsored down payment assistance loan products.
- Familiar with the Individual Development Account (IDA) matched savings program.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends based on need, and be available for required for meetings or events.
- Must have excellent English verbal, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to speak, read, write, and understand Spanish is required.
Job requires specialized computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, online research, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be a licensed loan originator in good standing in the State of Oregon
Valid Driver’s License and access to car is preferred
Position is sometimes sedentary, but also requires mobility to client and partner sites and office headquarters; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.