Economic Opportunity Manager
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
Position Title: Homeownership Program Manager
Program/Department: Economic Opportunity
Supervisor: Housing Director
Status: Full time/Exempt
The Homeownership Program Manager is primarily responsible for managing all Homeownership Support Programs including financial coaching, pre-purchase, and default intervention counseling and educational services. The manager will be responsible for overseeing all program funding, budget development and monitoring, partnership development, marketing & outreach efforts, day-to-day management for all programs and services, including creation and oversight of program policies & procedures, service delivery, supervision & training of staff, and implementation of new programs. Additional duties include intra-agency planning, oversight of data collection & reporting, curriculum monitoring and development and special projects such as the Annual Latino Home Fair.
1. Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the development and management of all homeownership programs.
* Responsible for achieving annual program goals.
* Designs/implements strategies to support families both realize and be able to sustain long-term homeownership opportunities with partner organizations, including the City, County, and State.
* Continually review and update HUD Counseling Work Plan to improve all avenues of service delivery.
* Oversee staff, on the job training and professional development opportunities.
* Develop and maintain thorough and comprehensive manuals, policies and procedures, quality control guidelines and other program-related material.
* Oversee, monitor and provide feedback on Hacienda-sponsored education classes and workshops.
* Facilitate and oversee the planning and organization of Hacienda’s Annual Latino Home Fair.
* Integrate homeownership programs to maximize benefits to existing local programs, clients, and community.
* Responsible for ensuring complete and timely reports to various funders as required by each funding contract’s guidelines
* Oversees Homeownership Support’s marketing and outreach strategies to recruit potential households into our program(s).
* Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining partnerships and collaborations in all communities served by Hacienda CDC. Represent Hacienda CDC Homeownership Support department at numerous partnership, funder meetings, committees and collaborations.
* Develop beneficial relationships with homeownership professionals including but not limited to financial institutions, realtors, title and escrow, attorney’s, State and county agencies and other non-profits in promoting asset building strategies.
* Work closely with Hacienda staff to implement and strengthen Hacienda’s new financial coaching model for client and staff.
* Represent and promote Hacienda’s Homeownership Support Program in internal and external meetings especially when concerning homeownership issues as appointed by the Chief Executive Officer.
* Responsible for maintaining both NCLR now UNIDOS-US Homeownership Network and our HUD Counseling Certification by achieving identified program goals and continued program compliance.
* Maintain Homeownership Support’s program budget in coordination with Hacienda’s accounting department and funding specification.
* Research, craft and submit funding applications and progress reports to funders and other stakeholders.
* Additional duties/responsibilities as assigned by senior management.
2. Skills and Educational Requirements- minimum qualifications include:
* Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience in business administration, social sciences, finance, real estate or counseling.
* Possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills in both English and Spanish.
* Able to handle multiple tasks, working closely with lower-income families, homeownership professionals, funding agencies, community leaders and colleagues.
* Ability to handle, prioritize and complete a very high work volume with constant changes and strict deadlines. Be decisive and resourceful, self-motivated and able to handle sensitive confidential information as required.
* Work independently with minimal supervision as well as facilitate team and committee meetings.
* Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, database computer programs as well as a genuine interest in working in a team environment.
3. Additional Task, Skills & Responsibilities:
* Knowledge of Homeownership, Foreclosure and/or Asset-Building issues, methods and practices.
* Experience developing a training curriculum for adult audiences, knowledge of teaching methods and practices.
* Strong leadership and supervisory qualities and experience.
* Ability to build programs and partnerships in new, innovative ways to achieve targeted goals.
* Knowledge of HUD regulations with the ability to guide staff through the execution of our HUD Counseling Work Plan.
* Previous experience in teaching, public speaking and group presentations.
* Excellent research, evaluation, writing, and training skills.
* Knowledge of database management, grant reporting, and grant/contract administration.
* Strong emotional intelligence, cultural awareness and the sensitivity to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
* Availability to travel statewide and nationally including occasional overnights and weekends; less than 25 percent.
* Demonstrate genuine interest and enthusiasm for community development, social and economic justice and working in a team environment to fulfill Hacienda’s mission.
* Demonstrate a genuine interest and enthusiasm for community development, social and economic justice and working in a team environment to fulfill Hacienda’s mission.
4. Working Conditions:
This is a full-time exempt position. Local, regional and national travel may be necessary. Evening and weekend hours will be required for classes. All positions at Hacienda CDC are at will and subject to a three month probation period and performance evaluations.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment. Expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will. With or without cause.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and (3) professional references to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to CEO at email@example.com
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Hacienda offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death/dismemberment, paid holidays, accrual of vacation and sick leave, personal day, Employee Assistance Program, and a 40I (K) option.
Closing Date: June 13th, 2018
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!