Early Childhood Educator
Position Title: Early Childhood Educator
Program/Department: Youth and Family Services (YFS)
Supervisor: Youth & Family Program Manager
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt / 40 hours per week
Compensation: $16.25 – $18.00 hour DOE
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
The Early Childhood Educator & Program Aide provides information, support and encouragement that parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life. Using the Parents as Teachers curriculum the Early Childhood Educator & Program Aide will serve Latinx families with children 0-5 years of age. This is done by providing education in the form of home visits, group meetings, screenings, and linkages to a network of resources for parents and children. This position also includes general program support through data entry and group planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide parent education through regular home visits and group meetings implementing the Parents AsTeachers curriculum for children 0-5 years old
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge about what promotes optimal parent-child interaction in infants and toddlers
- Actively recruit families to participate in the program
- Manage designated caseload (approximately 20) providing services and case management
- Assess family needs to provide developmentally appropriate information, guidance, and related support to parents
- Complete all required documentation regarding home visits, attendance records for group meetings and other events, screening summaries, and all essential records required by the program and/or organization in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Engage in on-going learning about issues related to best practices in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Complete organizational reports and maintain record-keeping procedures as appropriate
- Enter all required client data into organization databases
- Support all Early Childhood Educators in group meeting planning
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proven written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish required
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with parents as a proven model for parent-children relationships required
- Valid driver’s license required
- A commitment to the mission of Hacienda CDC required
- Ability to adhere to organizational confidentiality protocols required
- Ability to maintain professional and emotional maturity and demonstrate respect to all required
- Bilingual – Multi-cultural work experience with Latinx community, and knowledge and understanding of Latinx culture required
- A college degree and 2 years’ experience in community organizing, resident services or 4 years of related field equivalence- preferred
- Basic PC computer skills using Microsoft operating system, including word processing, database management and email preferred
- Experience working with young children and their parents within multi-cultural settings preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources preferred
This is a full time, non-exempt position. It is anticipated that the employee will work a flexible schedule, with some evening participation.
Physical Demands: Position is primarily sedentary; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors. This is a full-time, temporary paid Summer Internship. Some evening and weekend hours will be required for some classes and events. All positions at Hacienda CDC are at will and subject to annual performance evaluations.
Salary & Benefits: Benefit Package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, Alternative Health Care, Section 125 Flexible Spending Account, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, AD&D, Vacation Accrual, Sick Leave Accrual, Holidays and Personal Days.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!