Economic Opportunity Default Prevention Coordinator
The Economic Opportunity Department at Hacienda CDC aims to improve and preserve the financial outlook, capabilities, and assets of the clientele we serve including homeownership. The position of Default Prevention Coordinator helps to provide resources and services that address specific elements of an individual’s financial life. These services include financial education, coaching, credit counseling, incentivized savings programs, and provide access to safe and affordable financial products.
- Apply counseling techniques to gather homeowner information, evaluate homeowner situations, explain options, and resolve complex foreclosure situations.
- Understand and explain critical elements of the foreclosure process, as well as industry terminology and common business practices.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of mortgages servicing practices and procedures.
- Work with clients to complete a detailed financial assessment including but not limited to:
- Money management- provide and create a budget or expense tracking mechanism, calculate household budget surpluses or deficits and ratios, explain housing ratios and affordability and discuss possible debt restructuring options.
- Credit- pull, review and understand credit reports to assist client in reaching their financial goals.
- Savings- discuss the importance of savings and develop a savings plan that includes emergency and other longer-term savings as necessary.
- Oregon foreclosure process- explain the Oregon foreclosure process, identify where clients are at, and clarify what to expect moving forward.
- Action plans- create individual action plans and provide ongoing support and follow up to help participating households reach their financial goals.
- Advocate for client during state mediation with mortgage servicer
- Provide transition counseling that helps homeowner find suitable housing, community resources, and appropriate referrals.
- Follow and adhere to all aspects of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling. Maintain comprehensive and confidential client records and statistics in an electronic database in accordance with HUD and OHCS, as well as comply with all City, State, Federal and funder requirements.
- Manage a high volume case load, as well as perform follow ups to client and mortgage servicer.
- Build, foster and maintain professional collaborations with other agencies and organizations active in maintaining homeownership, including but not limited to attorneys, governmental housing agencies and local social service agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of related experience counseling clients, business, economic development, finance, social work, or education.
- Ability to read financial statements and familiarity with analyzing and interpreting data from several sources.
- Ability to compute basic financial calculations including front and back-end ratios.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Commitment to excellent customer service in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work with minimal supervision, be creative and resourceful, self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and able to handle confidential information appropriately as required.
- Ability to operate office equipment, especially personal computers using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and calendar/scheduling programs.
- Individual must demonstrate a genuine interest and enthusiasm for community development and working with the low-to-moderate income community, and others.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Some travel required. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. All positions at Hacienda CDC are at will.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter that reflects how your previous experience and interests that qualifies you for this position.
Email these documents to HR@HaciendaCDC.org.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Hacienda offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death/dismemberment, paid holidays, accrual of vacation & sick leave, personal days, Employee Assistance Program, and a 40I (K) option.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment. Expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will. With or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!