- Position Title: Data Analyst
- Program/Dept.: Administration/Philanthropy
- Supervisor: Director of Philanthropy
- Supervises: N/A
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Compensation: $46,000 – $55,000 annually
- Physical Strength: Light
- Updated Date: 4/12/2021
The Data Analyst manages the organization’s collection, reporting and analysis of service and outcome data. The Data Analyst is the primary staff person managing our data management system, Outcome Tracker, and will work closely with staff throughout the organization to provide training, technical support, and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the organization’s use of the data management system (Outcome Tracker) used to track Hacienda’s services and outcomes.
- Collaborate with each Hacienda Department to manage the ongoing process of data collection, data entry, and analysis.
- Build and test forms use to collect data and build/manage reports needed for each program.
- Monitor and mine program data as needed ensuring that all data is collected and analyzed consistent with program and grant/contract deliverables.
- Provide technical assistance/support and training to leadership and staff to ensure consistent data collection across all departments.
- Develop and conduct trainings and training material to ensure staff have the knowledge and skills needed to effectively use Outcome Tracker.
- Provide integration support with other technologies, software and database systems where appropriate.
- Produce accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for leadership, Board and funders; interpret and analyze data.
- Serve as the main point of contact with the vendor as needed for problem solving and/or system development.
- Develop, recommend and implement improvements to data collection systems and reporting that ensure accurate and relevant data reporting.
- Ensure diversity, equity and inclusion principles are used in data collection and analysis
- Provide information and analysis for the purposes of program development, policy advocacy, and strategic leadership.
- Some occasional evening and weekend hours may be required for meetings or events, and to meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENC
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years’ experience in database management and data analysis or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree and/or coursework in statistical analysis and/or Management Information Systems preferred.
- Experience creating training tools and delivering training in one-on-one and group settings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A strong working knowledge and experience using database systems and creating associated data queries, reports, templates, and forms. Experience with Outcome Tracker preferred.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to rapidly learn and use new software.
- Attention to detail, high standards, and a passion for accuracy.
- Skilled at listening, developing rapport and working cooperatively, creatively, and patiently with colleagues.
- Responsive and team-oriented communicator who follows up and follows through.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently; strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to change within a growing entrepreneurial work environment
- Able to work with limited supervision, make decisions and resolve practical problems independently within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social justice issues and the dynamics of social change; strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understanding of issues in data and research justice.
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites with an emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality of client and organization information.
Must have excellent English verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to speak, write, and understand Spanish is preferred, but not a requirement for the position.
Job requires specialized computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, online research, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Position is sometimes sedentary, but also requires mobility to client and partner sites and office headquarters; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!