Community Bulletin Board
Meet our New Resident Advocate Assistants!
Silvia Rosa Palleroni
Phone: (503) 208-6763
Language(s): english, spanish
Phone: (503) 454-6327
Have you or someone in your household been negatively impacted by COVID-19?
Multnomah County resources
More information about COVID-19, city services, and programs
- Website: https://multco.us/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- Call: 503-823-4000
- Email: email@example.com
- Mental health crisis intervention 503-988-4888
Places to get a flu shot
- Rite aid
- Fred Meyers
*The flu vaccine protects against 3-4 different kinds of flu that research predicts will be active this year*
- Peel and slice 3 1-inch pieces of fresh ginger
- Boil 4 cups of water and add the ginger
- Boil for 15 minutes
- Discard ginger and add lemon or honey
Carrot Turmeric Soup
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large white or yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger root minced
- 4-5 medium-large size carrots cut into 2″ chunks
- 1-1.5 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 quart vegetable broth plus 1-2 cups as needed for consistency
- 2 small oranges juiced
- Pinch of black pepper salt
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots, turmeric, and ginger and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add a quart of broth and orange juice.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the black pepper and salt to taste.
- Using a blender, puree the soup until very smooth.
- Add extra broth or liquid as needed to reach the consistency you prefer.