Commissary Kitchen Coordinator
Position Summary: This position will be responsible on-boarding clients into our affordable commercial kitchen. We are looking for someone to join our team who is a culturally competent navigator, connector, and people person. Fluent in Spanish and English.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field and onboard clients into Mercado Cocina processes (rules and regulations) and systems (the Food Corridor)
- Maintain and, with support from the Mercado Director and team, enforce regulation for kitchen protocol and community guidelines
- Manage programmatic equipment, facilities, and software: including key rental, kitchen storage, and scheduling system
- Coordinate Cascadia Hood and Duct for regular cleaning, kitchen maintenance.
- Work with the Mercado Director and Cascadia Hood and Duct around necessary expenses (including supplies) and income streams.
- Maintain valid Oregon Food Handler Permit.
- Participate in “All-Hands-on-Deck” Mercado events and projects, as needed.
- Volunteer coordination to meet the needs and demands of seasonal events.
- Collaborate with Advising Team to event, consulting, and pop-up rentals in the kitchen.
- Update kitchen information online, including intake, payment, and scheduling systems.
- Work with Marketing & Events Manager on marketing campaigns to increase program visibility and client base in the winter.
- Other duties as requested.
Additional Skills and Characteristics
- Passionate about micro-enterprise.
- Loves commercial kitchens, their operations, and building community through food and culture.
- Positive, motivational leader.
- Works well on a small, dynamic team.
- Wants to be in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Likes start-ups.
- Highly organized, has extensive experience with tracking data and reporting.
- 2-3 years of experience in the food industry or program management preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
This is a part-time (.5 FTE) non-exempt position. Some travel required. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. All positions at Hacienda CDC are at will.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume that reflects experience and interest working with Hacienda here or direct questions to HR@haciendacdc.org
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
- culinary: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchen Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
- One location
- Flexible schedule
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!