Business Advising Program Manager
Position Title: Business Advising Program Manager
Program/Dept.: Mercado Empresarios
Supervisor: Mercado Director
Supervises: 3 to 4 Business Advisors
FLSA Status: Full time/Exempt
Compensation: $57,000- $65,000(DOE)
Physical Strength: Light
Updated Date: 8/26/2021
Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunity.
The Business Advising Program Manager leads all aspects of Hacienda CDC’s Empresarios Program. Main functions consist of the planning, management and implementation of the program, including but not limited to, day to day operations, supervision of program’s staff and contractors, program evaluation and reporting, as well as implementation and development of best practices and model approaches aimed at strengthening small business entrepreneurs.
This position reports to the Mercado Programs Director and oversees a team of 3 to 4 business advisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day program activities and delivering on the Empresarios program
- Lead advising team while monitoring the program’s key performance indicators and adjusting team activities accordingly
- Work with the program director and the rest of team to ensure the success of the small business entrepreneurs’ program
- Lead the development and implementation of the business bootcamp for new small business owners
- Management and support of IDA (Individual Development account) clients
- Recruit and assess program small business owners in collaboration with the team
- Coordinate with Hacienda’s data team members to track, manage and report key performance indicators
- Monitor performance of each client/advisor relationship; work with both parties to make necessary adjustments.
- Utilize data and member stories to put together reports that showcase the impact of our work
- Collaborate with communication team to design and deliver communication campaigns to promote the program
- Implement, monitor and report on partnership initiatives
- Represent the program at various small business events and meetings
- Some occasional evening and weekend hours may be required for meetings or events, and to meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Hire, train and mentor Business advisors and other team members.
- Organize and oversee the schedules and work of business advisors.
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two years of experience in program and contract/grant management and full supervisory responsibilities required
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience working with BIPOC owned small businesses and/or small business organizations highly preferred.
- Background in economic development, community development and/or entrepreneurship is highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and connect with, a diverse stakeholder community; effectively work across cultural and socio-economic differences.
- Demonstrated business expertise and a deep understanding of the entrepreneurial path
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Real and extensive experience working in the Latino community.
- Experience managing a diverse team (including remote team members, a plus)
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to be flexible and adapt to change within a growing entrepreneurial work environment
- Critical thinker with strong analytical, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative who thrives on collaborating with multiple team members.
- Able to handle sensitive confidential information as required
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills; high emotional intelligence, communicates positively, proactively and collaboratively.
- Holds a strong work ethic, yet embraces work-life balance and self-care with a long-term view toward sustainability within the position and organization.
The ability to speak, write, and understand Spanish is required. Must have excellent English verbal, written and oral communication skills.
Job requires specialized computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, online research, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License and access to car preferred, but not required.
Position is sometimes sedentary, but also requires mobility to client and partner sites and office headquarters; dexterity necessary to operate a computer with substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers; the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally; the visual acuity to read and prepare/analyze data and figures; ability to express/exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; majority of work performed indoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer!